Keeping us clothed is a $1.5 trillion industry that consumes a lot of resources and casts a large environmental footprint.FULL STORY
Build Your Business: Management
Simple Strategies to Grow T-shirt Sales
Acquiring new customers for your T-shirt business can be difficult, expensive and time consuming. There are a few ways to make additional sales, simply by tapping into your current customer base.
1. Do market research. Know what you are getting into and who in the area is already good at it.
2. Find your niche. What can you offer that no one else can?
3. Create a marketing strategy. Ensure it covers every area of marketing from print to SEO.
4. Set company goals. You can’t hit a target if without a goal.
5. Stay in the know (read these newsletters).
6. Invest in your business. You are not spending money; you are investing in the growth of your company.
7. Give your current customer the incentive to buy more (Who doesn’t love a coupon or a loyalty program?).
8. Make it easy to buy (This is the most important!).
9. Be mobile friendly. If you are not, you will not grow.
10. It’s not all about price. There is a difference between cost and price – sell your value.
11. Upsell. Have something to add on at time of purchase or pick-up.
12. The post-sale leads to more sales (It takes five follow-up calls for a customer to actually commit).
13. Innovate. Have the newest product types available. Change is good and results in growth.
14. Use humor. Customers want to know that your company has a personality.
15. Create an unforgettable promotional gimmick (Ensure it is relevant to your market).
16. Rock-paper-scissors (This means nothing, just checking to see if you’re paying attention).
17. Leave an impression. Customers remember unique ideas that are relevant. Stand out of the crowd.
18. Use SEO, especially Pinterest (Start posting pins every day and gain a following. Work to go viral).
19. Be passionate (Being an entrepreneur is not an 8-5 job. You must be “on” at all times.)
20. Have fun. What is the secret of never working a day in your life? It is to find something you are passionate about and do that every day.
These are just a few strategies to grow your sales and customer base. The hard part is getting out of your comfort zone and trying something different. Be bold, be creative and be original. Ask for the sale and explain what differentiates your business from the competition. But this is something you really do not need me to tell you — after all, you are an entrepreneur.
Jason Ziga is Manager of Sales & Service for Transfer Express. For more information, visit transferexpress.com.
More Build Your Business
If you’re busy, does that mean you’re making money? Or are you so focused on getting work—any work—you’re no longer paying attention to your bottom line?FULL STORY
Taking out a loan or leasing to increase production capacity can help grow your embroidery, screen-printing or heat-pressing business, but do your homework first.FULL STORY