A woven dress shirt is a timeless staple that most men, especially, have in their wardrobes, though casual woven shirts, featuring a more relaxed fit, have become wardrobe essentials as well.FULL STORY
Build Your Business: Trends
5 Things to Expect at Impressions Expo Atlantic City
The wait is almost over! We’re gearing up for our first in-person Impressions Expo event in more than 18 months: Impressions Expo Atlantic City, to be held Aug. 26-28 at the Atlantic City Convention Center in Atlantic City, N.J. We’ll gather for three days of product sourcing and introductions, industry education and unbeatable networking.
Following are five things you can expect at Impressions Expo Atlantic City, as we welcome back our decorator community in the Northeast:
1. Product Introductions and Sourcing from Notable Exhibitors: The crux of every Impressions Expo event is the chance to browse new products and connect with exhibitors to source everything from blank apparel to apparel-decorating machines and accessories, and everything in between — right on the show floor. Impressions Expo Atlantic City will be no different. Whether your decorated-apparel shop offers embroidery, screen printing, DTG printing, sublimation or heat printing, or a combination, you’ll have a chance to visit with suppliers that offer products that will meet your needs. The show floor will include offerings from vendors like Augusta Sportswear, Founder Sport Group, SanMar, Barudan America, Nazdar SourceOne, Delta Apparel, Melco, Saati Americas, Stahls’ and more.
2. impressU Conference Program: None of our events would be complete without education. Each Impressions Expo encompasses the impressU conference program, which includes workshops and seminars facilitated by some of the industry’s best and brightest experts and educators. No matter if you’re a screen printer, graphic artist, embroiderer or digital decorator, impressU has educational content that will help you increase your decorating skills and business acumen. The following is a sampling of seminars that will be offered at Impressions Expo Atlantic City:
• “The Marketing Revolution Workshop” — Marshall Atkinson, Atkinson Consulting
• “Troubleshooting for Sublimation” — Stacy Benning, JDS Industries
• “Tactical Crisis Communications: Knowing What to Say and When to Say It” — Shakira Brown, SMB Strategic Media LLC
• “7-Point Sustainability System” — Sasha Ternent, Sustainabilitee
• “Water-Based Screen Printing” — HSS, MSA, LSA and Discharge” — Charlie Taublieb, Taublieb Consulting
And the education doesn’t stop at the show. Check out our robust, on-demand educational video platform, impressU Online. Accessible 24/7/365, it offers exclusive educational content from industry experts and suppliers. Select videos, and all supplier-generated content, are free for registered users. It allows apparel decorators to search and filter content that’s specific to their business needs. This content is organized by decorating process and experience level, so viewers can tailor an educational experience that fits their specific needs. Pricing for the full video catalog ranges from monthly to annual subscriptions, or on-demand rental for 72 hours. The catalog is continuously updated, so check it out and subscribe today!
3. Shop Talk powered by The Ink Kitchen: This dedicated area, right on the show floor near the Impressions booth, will feature brief, informal talks by a slate of experts in a variety of disciplines. Developed by decorators for decorators, these 20-minute Shop Talk sessions will be held each day during the show and will address everything from dye migration and embroidery on difficult substrates, to hot-market printing and multimedia special effects — and everything in between. Stop by, take a seat, rest your feet and get even more top-notch education that will help your business grow. Speakers will include Aimee Derouen of Mirror Image, Stan Banks of T-Shirt Side Hustle, Ray Ferriola of Donray Industries, Michelle Moxley of The M&R Cos., and many more.
4. Day One Happy Hour: Let’s celebrate our community’s face-to-face gathering with a happy hour on Aug. 26 at 4 p.m. Sponsored by CIT, it’ll be a great time to grab a beer, network with friends and catch up with those you haven’t seen in a while. To keep the atmosphere lively, there will be a live band.
5. Health & Safety at the Forefront: As always, we want to ensure the safety of our community, including attendees, exhibitors and staff. We have developed a health and safety plan to ensure all necessary health measures are in place and comply with current local state and government health policies and CDC guidelines. The state of New Jersey has instituted the following face-mask directive: Everyone, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, are required to wear face masks in ALL state-owned buildings, which includes the Atlantic City Convention Center. Please note, these public, indoor spaces include exhibit halls, meeting rooms and lobbies.
If you’re as psyched as we are about a return to meeting face-to-face; networking with industry colleagues; seeing new products from suppliers; and learning from industry experts to take your business to new heights — all under one roof — then register for Impressions Expo Atlantic city by clicking here.
More Build Your Business
How do you define, “basic?” In 2024, a basic T-shirt only lacks decoration. Once decorated, it can take on many forms, with fit and comfort sitting front and center.FULL STORY
As the year comes to a close, look back at our predictions as to what 2023 would bring to the decorated apparel industry.FULL STORY