March 7, 2016
Spring is the perfect time of year to refresh your shop (e-commerce or bricks-and-mortar), attracting current or potential customers.
Sublimatable products are a great way to freshen up the appearance of your merchandise and provide more options. Whether you put together or download new patterns or use current patterns and designs, changing up colors can make a difference. Use new spring colors to liven up your images and graphics, and your product offering will have customers catching spring fever.
Top-selling personalized products for spring include: keepsake ornaments, natural wood panels, creative border picture frames, cross plaques, natural wood serving trays and coasters. These products can be sold online, at home parties or in local boutique retail stores to help customers prepare for spring holidays and events.
Try these five steps to selling personalized products:
1. Send out an email to your customer list letting them know you have spring gifts that can be personalized.
2. Update your website with the products you will be personalizing and selling with product shots.
3. Make sure to stay social. Tweet, write a Facebook post, or upload a photo to Instagram or Pinterest, and link these posts to your website or shop.
4. Host a spring party and let guests pick and choose which items they would like to have personalized. You can host or you can offer to host someone else’s party and give them a free personalized gift as a thank you.
5. Look for festivals in your area. Set up a booth of your sublimated products and sell pre-decorated items, take special orders or both.
There’s so much you can do to start fresh with sublimation this spring. Happy selling!
Jennifer Foy is a graphic designer at Unisub, Louisville, Ky. Peggy Waters is a Unisub Brand Manager. For more information, visit unisub.com.
More Build Your Business
May 24, 2023
Austrian-born economist Joseph Schumpeter’s economic “gale,” as continuing advances in business tech are sometimes known, has been a good thing for the decorated apparel industry in the United States in more ways than one.
May 2, 2023
The blank apparel and apparel decorating equipment and materials suppliers exhibiting at the first two Impressions Expos of 2023 presented a wealth of new products, including everything from the latest in high-tech to an assortment of great new garments.
May 1, 2023
Despite capricious market trends that sometime seem to fluctuate daily, one thing will always remain constant: the apparel industry consistently stays ahead of the game by cultivating cutting-edge technology and techniques racking up win after win.