The performancewear category of decorated apparel continues to be driven by the usual suspects, including resilient fabrics that are sustainable, cared for easily and available in trending styles and colors.FULL STORY
Build Your Business: Trends
Spring Into Warm-Weather Business
An Easter-themed coaster is a popular item for spring
Spring is the perfect time of year to refresh your shop (e-commerce or bricks-and-mortar), attracting current or potential customers.
Sublimatable products are a great way to freshen up the appearance of your merchandise and provide more options. Whether you put together or download new patterns or use current patterns and designs, changing up colors can make a difference. Use new spring colors to liven up your images and graphics, and your product offering will have customers catching spring fever.
Top-selling personalized products for spring include: keepsake ornaments, natural wood panels, creative border picture frames, cross plaques, natural wood serving trays and coasters. These products can be sold online, at home parties or in local boutique retail stores to help customers prepare for spring holidays and events.
Try these five steps to selling personalized products:
1. Send out an email to your customer list letting them know you have spring gifts that can be personalized.
2. Update your website with the products you will be personalizing and selling with product shots.
3. Make sure to stay social. Tweet, write a Facebook post, or upload a photo to Instagram or Pinterest, and link these posts to your website or shop.
4. Host a spring party and let guests pick and choose which items they would like to have personalized. You can host or you can offer to host someone else’s party and give them a free personalized gift as a thank you.
5. Look for festivals in your area. Set up a booth of your sublimated products and sell pre-decorated items, take special orders or both.
There’s so much you can do to start fresh with sublimation this spring. Happy selling!
Jennifer Foy is a graphic designer at Unisub, Louisville, Ky. Peggy Waters is a Unisub Brand Manager. For more information, visit unisub.com.
More Build Your Business
For many decorators, the end-of-the year holidays, and Christmas, in particular, represent their biggest selling season.FULL STORY
Fall is in the air, and with it comes a cornucopia of new apparel, with comfort continuing to be the name of the game. Fleece is also becoming more of an everyday wear item at the same time it straddles gender lines.FULL STORY